Monday 5 January 2009

New Year Resolution ?

I suppose the closest I've got to a new year resolution is to clear out the attic.

So today I made a start by ruthlessly sorting out all the bits and pieces of wood up there - practice chair legs, axe handles that have warped and a load of holly poles about 8 years old that I was going to make walking sticks from. It's all so dry it should burn very bright and very hot.




This is the sort of state you can get into if you become an old tool junkie . . .

and this this only about half of it but when I started to explore I discovered loads of interesting things I had forgotten about. Such as: some nice wooden moulding planes in vgc, some strange shaped hammers and braces and a big box of gouges.

I'm going to get those tons of steel out of the roof and build a tool shed on our plot. I'll do an inventory and be open to offers.

No comments: